The goal of the Gastroenterology Fellowship Program at Indiana University is to train outstanding gastroenterologists, who successfully pursue clinical and academic excellence, both in research and teaching.
We are dedicated to training expert clinicians and physician-scientists. Graduates of our fellowship program are now members of faculties at academic medical centers throughout the United States, as well as successful practicing gastroenterologists. We have also trained advanced fellows in various gastrointestinal subspecialties who have become leaders in countries around the world.
We strive to offer an experience designed to provide the best educational and technical elements necessary for trainees to become highly qualified consultative gastroenterologists, excellent endoscopists and leading researchers.
Our gastroenterology team has traditionally been one of the top-ranked in the country. We are committed to providing the most innovative treatments to our patients, improve our knowledge through research and translating research discoveries to improve patient care, and training expert clinicians and physician-scientists. The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology is fortunate to have more than 30 physicians and clinical investigators with interests and expertise in all major areas of digestive diseases. Their various backgrounds provide a rich diversity of clinical expertise and research opportunities.
Our multidisciplinary care ensures access to world leaders across many specialty areas throughout training. Indiana University Hospital has leading-edge practice facilities, which include state-of-the-art GI endoscopy procedure rooms, inpatient and outpatient facilities, radiology, laboratory and pathology systems integrated into a comprehensive electronic health record widely accessible throughout the campus.
Our fellowship program aims are:
- To train outstanding gastroenterologists (whether they remain in academics or enter private practice)
- To inspire each trainee to maximize his/her potential
- To provide excellent clinical training, with emphasis on the cognitive aspects of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, as well as technical proficiency in endoscopy
- To offer opportunities in sub-subspecialty tracks, to develop exceptional GI subspecialists
- To offer excellent training in clinical research
- To train future academic leaders
- To instill in our fellows an appreciation for reflective practice that fosters a dedication to lifelong learning and quality care
- To train compassionate and professional gastroenterologists
- To train fellows who are able to positively respond to the rapidly changing healthcare landscape
- To provide a collegial learning environment
- To serve as a model program for GI fellowship training
For further information, please contact:
Nabil Fayad, M.D.
Fax: (317) 278-6870