The Vision of the Indiana Institute for Personalized Medicine is to Improve the Practice of Medicine by Improving the Personalization of Therapy for a Wide Range of Conditions.
Our mission is to apply cutting edge clinical, laboratory and informatics expertise to better understand why medicines work in individual patients, to design new means of targeting therapies, and to encourage in every way possible the development of new therapies that benefit patients of all ages, genders and ethnicities.
This mission will be implemented by:
- Identifying new biomarkers that predict therapeutic response
- Conducting clinical studies aimed at identifying specific populations and individuals most likely to benefit and least likely to suffer from drug therapies. At a practical level this will be accomplished by:
- Recruiting outstanding, innovative researchers capable of designing new and ethical approaches to the personalization of treatments for a wide range of conditions
- Providing pilot funds for new research ideas aimed at improvements in the personalization of drug therapy.
- Educating and training a new generation of researchers trained in the ethical, scientific and clinical disciplines needed to develop new, personalized therapies.
- Ensuring that all research is informed by and undertaken consistent with accepted ethical principles and practices