This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Must complete an evaluation and attend entire event to receive 13.5 contact hours.
For more information contact Erica Levi-Turner
Therapeutic ERCP For Nurses
This course is designed for registered nurses engaged in the comprehensive care of patients with pancreatobiliary disease. Nurses will review and discuss current knowledge of the following topics.
- Identify the indications and implications for ERCP.
- Describe the normal and surgically altered anatomy of the pancreatobiliary systems.
- List the components of an informed consent.
- Identify the basic radiographic findings on ERCP films.
- Describe the principles and techniques of therapeutic intervention utilizing accessory equipment during ERCP.
- Identify proper ERCP elevator wire care and handling.
- Describe proper scope maintenance.
- Determine appropriate accessory to meet therapeutic goal.
- Describe basic infection control and prevention.
These are accomplished through live case demonstrations, clinical observation, review of films, and group discussion.
Nurse Course Schedule for 2017
The following dates are available:
- July 27-28, 2017
- September 14-15, 2017
- October 12-13, 2017
A fee of $125.00 has been set for these workshops. This fee includes the session, conference materials, breakfast, lunch, break refreshments and Thursday's dinner.
Click here to register for Nurses Workshops